2013年9月21日星期六

It was definitely the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done

"It was definitely the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done," Collins said. "I can't really compare the feeling to anything else. I have played through nationals and all of that stuff, and the emotions aren't quite the same."

Kenoyer and Collins competed against each other in junior and high school golf in Fort Lauderdale. The duo renewed that rivalry in the third episode when they competed against each other in a stroke challenge event won by Collins.

"I couldn't have done anything better," Kenoyer said. "Taylor just outplayed me. She is a great player. We've been going back and forth beating each other since high school and through college. I knew that she was going to be a competitor when I came out here and she rolled one in."

Kenoyer returned home from Mexico with a different feeling than most competitors who participate in the show.

"A lot of people will go on as a last-ditch effort before they end their careers, but for me, it was a jump-start for my career," Kenoyer said. "I was just kind of starting out my first full season on tour, and I thought this would catapult my career to the next level. My college coach (Sara Lynn Sargent) had been on it."

Collins said the reality show routine took some getting used to as the contestants had to get up each day at 4:30 a.m., have microphones put on and then go through a routine that kept them in front of cameras until 10 p.m.

"You were really exhausted," Collins said. "You were sitting out in the sun all day. It was a mental thing because you knew everyone else was doing it, and it was your only option, and you just had to stay strong."

Collins, who helped coach St. Thomas Aquinas' girls' golf team this past year, enjoyed being in a team environment for the first time since college.

"It was a different approach to golf," Collins said. "It wasn't just you that you were playing for; you didn't want to disappoint your teammates. It was also tough because you also had no control when your teammates were performing."

Neither golfer was allowed to divulge the results of the show. Kenoyer said she hasn't even told her parents.

"I want people to be interested," Kenoyer said. "I want it to be exciting. I don't want to tell my family or my closest friends because I want people to be on the edge of their seats every episode. It is more fun that I know the results and nobody else does."

没有评论:

发表评论