2013年9月13日星期五

Top 5 Things About Led Lighting

Several days ago, one of the small 22W tubes died, and I replaced it with a new one. To my surprise, it didn't work, so I went to a normal shop and bought another one. To my astonishment, it didn't work either. Since it was only the small 22W tube, and the fixture had a 32W one, I ignored the problem. But later the 32W tube went dead, and so did the 22W from the other fixture. My kitchen was poorly lighted at night and I decided to repair the lamps.


My friend told me that led lights manufacturer in China had a good quality of led lights, so I bought led lights from china in a shop. Then I began to work. I know electricity is dangerous, so I disconnect my home main switch before doing anything. Compact fluorescent lamps are dangerous. Their tube may contain mercury and one may get cut with shards of glass. Then I had a first repair attempt. I disassembled one of the fixtures and took it to my workshop. After checking the wires and connections and seeing they were OK, I deduced the problem would be with the electronic ballast. But the price of it was expensive; I decided to find another way to solve this problem. Next, I had a second repair attempt. I went to another electronic store--- led lights from China, bought new ones and replaced the old ones with them. I found some information in Baidu, after a while, I found out that CFL's have an electronic ballast inside, so my bulb lighted.


The electronic ballast is connected to the cfl lamps by 6 wires, 4 to the tube and 2 to the base. I cut them all, but leave the base ones as long as possible. I saw that two of the wires are connected between them through a capacitor, in the two PCB's. Then I looked for a wire in the old ballast PCB which is connected to a coil-like component and desoldered it, striped the ending and solder it in the equivalent place in the CFL ballast. After that, I had a third connection. I desoldered the last wire in the old electronic ballast and soldered it in the remaining hole in the CFL electronic ballast. Finally, I used the remains of the CFL and some isolating tape to make a case for my new ballast.


illusion-led.com which is a new high-tech enterprise engaged in research, manufacturing and marketing of LED light. The main products involve LED wall washer, LED strip, LED module, LED spotlight, LED street light and LED accessories etc, all of which are widely used for urban lighting decoration, indoor home decoration, hotel decoration, stage lighting, signal lamp, road lighting and other areas.

没有评论:

发表评论